Plan your next school excursion now and lock in dates, times and locations to make your next excursion the most talked about trip of the year.
Earth & Environmental Science (High School – Years 10, 11, 12)
Newhaven Park House brings the following areas of expertise together as a syllabus based, hands on educational excursion with work sheets that cover the wide range encompassed in the subject of Earth & Environmental Science.
- Salinity Identification -Tree Planting (Creek reclaiming)
- Catchment Management (Land care group)
- Erosion Site (anti-erosion work)
- Age of Fishes Museum (Fossil Museum, including fossil dig)
- Australian Fossil & Museum
- Cadia Mine
- Mining Method
- Mine Life
- Product Transport
- History & Environmental Management
- Blayney Wind Farm
- Carbon Neutral Farm
- Solar Powered Utility
- Pasture Cropping
- Bathurst Sewerage Treatment Plant
Agricultural Tours (High School)
Newhaven Park House’s Chris Porter is a local with 30 years of involvement in the agriculture science and history of the Central Western region of NSW. Chris is your personal contact to put together an excursion for your school or college group which is interesting, informing and complements your educational program.
The Central Western region of NSW is a major contributor to the economy and has a wealth of history in agriculture, and is a major tourism destination for international and Australian tourists, students and families. Chris can organise customised excursions, accommodation, and meals for a group of 10 to 100 students.
Agricultural Tours offered (no additional charge)
- Acid Soils – Fertilizer Projects,
- Commercial Cattle,
- Stud Cattle,
- Commercial Merino Enterprise,
- White Suffolk Stud,
- Merino Stud,
- Fat Lamb Enterprise,
- Feedlotting – Lambs,
- Steer Fattening Enterprise,
- Sale Yard Visit (Cattle or Sheep),
- Lectures on: Prime Lamb Ram Sires,
- Lamb Ranking,
- Fat Scoring Lambs,
- Viticulture & Olive Farming,
- Shearing Shed Visit – Shearing Demo.
Agricultural Tours offered (additional charges apply)
- Sheep Post-Mortem
- Dairy Lectures
- Piggery Lectures
- Soil Conservation
You may like to organise your Agricultural Tour around the following Agricultural Events
For Teachers – Download the Risk Assessment Form.